Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Fall Must Stand for "Fall Off the Wagon"



Soooo... last time I posted I explained how I got chubby (re-chubby) and talked about doing a 5 day detox. So how did it go? Dreadful of course. I didn't even make it 2 days! However... I kinda have a good excuse why the detox went bust. Try: tingling/numbness in my hands and feet, dizziness, chest pain, heart palpitations, and high blood pressure. All of this hit me at once and scared the crap out of me. I raced to the doctor who did a series of blood test. I sat at home waiting on the results, convinced I was dying. Needless to say, the diet detox went right out the window. I figured if I was fixin' to croak then I was going to go out sucking on Cracker Barrel's Cinnamon Streusel French Toast Breakfast.




The results of the test showed that I had a significant Vitamin D deficiency. A Vitamin D deficiency? Are you serious? How in the world could a Vitamin D deficiency make you feel this bad?! I started taking maximum D (over-the-counter at the pharmacy and recommended by the doctor) and waited. And waited. It actually took several weeks for me to feel half decent again. Trust me, I won't be getting low on that vitamin again anytime soon. The bad news is that all that drama has left me even chubbier. I literally feel like the Stay Puff marshmallow man. Now that I feel better I am determined to get back on track. Today is day one.... you gotta start somewhere right?




That brings me to a current pic. At first I was just going to post a pic of me in my Halloween costume. Then I realized that I was wearing all black (including black tights) which is (kinda) slimming. Although this is good in some situations, it wouldn't be really accurate when trying to show weight gain. I then realized I would have to do the stupid phone pic shot in the mirror thing. Dang it. That truly is SCARY :(


I. Hate. Body. Shots.... Especially those taken in ugly concrete wall bathrooms with florescent lighting. So here is my front and side shot. If you are thinking "thats not too bad" you may want to meander back to my last post where I showed you my skinny shot. I am at least 20-25 pounds heavier. Thats a small human. If you are still thinking "so what... its not that bad" then let me share something with you. I know how to dress to look less chubby. It comes with practice. However, every now and then a situation arises where I have to dress in something non-flattering. I am going to share one of those pics with you to prove a point. Here goes... wait for it.....




Yes, that is me looking like an overgrown lumberjack. Granted it was redneck round-up day at work (don't ask)... but that is still no excuse to look so burly. Crap. Time to get to work. So... I started eating right today and plan to get back to exercising too. Next time I will (maybe) weigh in (depending on how fluffy I feel), describe my diet plan in detail and (hopefully) celebrate staying on a diet during this season of fatness. No more pumpkin spice lattes or Cinnamon Streusel French Toast. At least not for a while. I'll have to find a new drug. Anyone know if they make caramel flavored carrot sticks? *sigh*


Vitamin D pic was found at this site for Vitamin D deficiency treatment.
Yummy, yummy french toast pic was found at the Cracker Barrel site. Love me some Cracker Barrel, yes I do......

1 comment:

Milady said...

Hello,

I have a question about your blog, could you please email me? Thanks!!

Melanie