Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire & Another 5 Bites the Dust!

Ok, I vaguely remember promising to post more. I am not sure what has happened to me this summer (must be the heat) but I seem to be having issues getting it together. Back in May, when I made that promise to post more, I must have had my fingers crossed! I really did not mean to lie, but it seems like everyday I have a million things to do (not to mention dealing with the continuous joy of eating right and exercising)! I know I do better when I blog about my efforts so once again I am going to try to get back on track (you trust me... don't you?) and hopefully blog weekly instead of monthly (hopefully is the operative word here). So let me tell you what's up. If you look right you will see a picture of fabulous Atlanta. Fabulously fun, fabulously feisty and fabulously fattening! I made two trips down there in the past few weeks to stay with my sister (known as the chubby artist's chubby sister) and her hubby (the doughy deputy). 




Now you will probably remember from my last visit to Atlanta (see previous April 14 post) that when the chubby artist, my chubby sister and the doughy deputy get together all food hell breaks loose. Not sure why, but every time I get around these two I start eating like its gonna be my last meal. "Let us show you the finest that Atlanta has to offer" they whisper delicately in my ear. "Yes" I whisper back, as if in a trance, then go forth to dine on food so fine it makes you want to cry (by the 3rd bite my eyes are usually misty). Look at these seemingly innocent faces (yes, this is a holiday photo from Christmas... I was too lazy to search for another one). Two fun and spirited people who helped me gain 5 pounds in 3 days when I hung out with them during spring break. I had planned two trips down there this summer and this time around I was determined not to gain any weight during the visit. I headed down there a few weeks ago and I am not going to lie, I was nervous! I felt like a recovering drug addict hanging with my drug dealers "just for fun."



How did the visit go? Excellent of course! You didn't think I would make the same mistake twice did you? I managed (through blood, sweat & an impressive burst of willpower) to lose weight during both visits! I think I deserve a medal or at least a low-fat twinkie. This was definitely a huge accomplishment. My sister and her hubby were great. All I had to do to achieve these results was sweetly explain that I could not deal with having to gain and lose the same weight over & over again and seek their assurance that I would have the opportunity to eat healthy and exercise. I might also have mentioned that there might be a black eye in someone's future if I gained even an ounce. Regardless of the reason, they really went above and beyond, cooking wonderfully yummy low-fat meals and taking me to the Silver Comet trail for evening speed walks. 



Now for the best news: since I posted last I have lost another 5 pounds! That makes a total of 30 pounds gone! Although I am really happy with my progress, I still think losing weight is like having dust in your eye (uncomfortable, annoying, and extra work). However, I love wearing a smaller size, having more energy and having people comment on my shrinkage. I actually enjoy exercise more than I thought I ever could and am still working on the joy of eating healthy (there is joy in not eating a molten chocolate cake isn't there?). I also try to stay focused on smaller goals so I will not lose my motivation. If I lose 4 more pounds I will have reached a new weight level and 7.5 more pounds and I will be 1/2 way to my final goal of losing 75 pounds. Everyday is an ongoing struggle but I just remind myself of my end goal: a healthy, confident, energetic, slender me rockin' a pair of tight, hip-hugging faded jeans. Its gonna be great.... molten chocolate cake be damned.

Next week: I will be posting a blog entry written by my sister (the chubby artist's chubby sister). The low-fat food they fed me in Atlanta was so fabulous and creative that I asked her to be a guest writer to share some recipes & tips with you. How do I know it will be posted next week (and not next month)? Because she has already written it and sent me the pictures! Must be nice to be organized.....

Atlanta pic was obtained from this website
Medal clipart obtained from Clipartheaven.com

1 comment:

debt advice said...

Next week: I will be posting a blog entry written by my sister (the chubby artist's chubby sister). The low-fat food they fed me in Atlanta was so fabulous and creative that I asked her to be a guest writer to share some recipes & tips with you. How do I know it will be posted next week (and not next month)? Because she has already written it and sent me the pictures! Must be nice to be organized.....
================
shane

Handmade Soap