Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bring It On!

Lets just go ahead and start with the good news: I lost another 2-1/2 pounds! I am so excited and proud. That means I have lost a total of 25 pounds and am now a third of the way to my goal! 

I would like to claim that my weird pose in this picture is due to the pride I feel at reaching this goal but unfortunately it is not true. The real reason I look like an awkward, deranged peacock is because I was listening to the directions of the photographer (a 19 year-old kid who wears his hat sideways). "Push back your shoulders" he said, "and put your hand on your hip." "Like this?" I asked hesitantly (since the pose did not feel natural). "Yeah perfect" he said as he shot this stupid looking picture. 

Oh well. The purpose of the picture is to show you a before and after shot so you can (hopefully) see a difference. This is the after picture, and even though I still have quite a way to go, I still think I look better then I did 25 pounds ago!





Here is another after photo. Who is that supermodel lounging on the stairs? Yep, thats me. Thank goodness I didn't listen to the photographer in this pose ("put one leg up on the top stair" he said. Thankfully I resisted. I am sure I would have looked like Captain Morgan from those rum commercials). 

Not only have I lost 25 pounds, but I have also went down between 1-2 pants sizes (depending on the brand). I feel more energetic (except when it comes to housework.... not sure what is going on in that area) and I actually really like to exercise. I am still doing 6 days of exercising for at least a 1 hour duration. I kickbox, zumba, cardio dance and I have also recently added step classes. 

I... oh... we need to paint the porch.... (sorry got distracted)... I still struggle a bit in the food area, but for the most part do pretty well with the occasional doughnut thrown in for good measure. Now for the good part. Here are the before pictures. Try not to dry heave (my unfortunate initial reaction). 






So this is not even the best before picture (trust me that one is coming). But I chose this one because of the belly/boob area (not sure which one is sticking out farther!). To me you can see a real difference in these areas when you compare the before and after shot. 

Also If you are having a hard time seeing a difference, look at the size of my head as compared to my body. Isn't it funny how the size of your head stays the same even as your butt grows wider? 

In the before picture I look like my head was shrunk by a witch doctor, it is not remotely proportioned! But if you look at the after, I no longer look like I have a small, oblong cantaloupe for a head! Maybe I am over analyzing this a bit. Oh well, on to the next photo (its a doozie).




Only one word describes this picture. Wow. And I mean "Wow". Not only do I look like Jabba the Hutt in a wig, but I also look like I have been drugged. I think I was in a cheese fries, pizza, doughnut hole, grilled stuffed burrito coma! 

I was desperately in need of a major intervention. Thank goodness I woke up and smelled the low fat cheese. I will never look like this again. I am determined to conquer this weight loss thing and reach my goal. I already feel so much better about myself and I am only a third of the way there. Imagine how great it is going to feel when I reach that final goal! 

Two final end thoughts.... first, what the heck is that growing under my original chin? And second, if you are the size of a house (or at least a subcompact car) and you are trying to look good, never (ever) choose a green, fuzzy sweater that makes you look like a moss covered mountain. Period. Exclamation point.



25 comments:

Jennifer Cameron said...

Congrats! You look GREAT!

kim* said...

keep up the good work

circlesareforever.etsy.com
circlesareforever.blogspot.com

X.I.R said...

Thank you so much Jennifer and Kim! I plan to keep chugging along. Thanks for commenting!

Christie Cottage said...

You go girl! You look fantastic! You should be proud as a peacock!

Hope to see more pictures of the shrinking you!

Gallery Juana - ギャラリー ワナ said...

Congratulations on your keeping to your goals! You deserve to have your shoulders back and your chin up! You are Looking great:)

X.I.R said...

Thanks Christie! I hope to be able to post more pictures in the future of me continuing to shrink (hopefully in a more natural pose though) :)

X.I.R said...

Thanks Gallery Juana! I appreciate the congrats!

Lucky Pebble said...

First, you look fantastic! Whatever you're doing is clearly working and you should be proud. Well, proud is an understatement. You should OWN it! :)

Second. I cant wait to see more pictures of your progress.

Take care. :)

X.I.R said...

Hey lucky Pebble! It is slow going but I am really proud of how far I have come! I look like I am owning it in that first photo (ha ha) :)

Almay Alday said...

That's great about your weight loss! I'm at a plateau of 15lbs loss so now I'm hoping my new trainer will kick my rear so I can lose more! Congrats again!

libu said...

25lb is awesome!!!..I just wrote a little about my dieting... godspeed!!

X.I.R said...

Hey Almay! I hate plateaus! I stayed at around 19 pounds lost for the longest time. I thought I would never see 20 pounds lost. Don't get discouraged, I am sure that new trainer will get your weight loss going again. Good luck!

X.I.R said...

Thanks Libu! I am now starting the second leg of the journey, the next 25 pounds! I read your blog and 4 pounds lost is pretty good! Good luck with your dieting journey (keep us posted) :)

Monique said...

CONGRATS!!! YOU LOOK AWESOME!!! KEEP IT UP! :):):)

I am Nikki's friend and I just wanted to congratulate you and wish you the BEST girlie!!!

Nique

X.I.R said...

Hey Monique! Any friend of my sisters is a friend of mine :) Thanks for the encouragement and for commenting!

elizabethx said...

You are doing awesome! Great job!

X.I.R said...

Thanks elizabethx! I appreciate it :)

Penny said...

Thanks for sharing. You look great.

Penny
http://tupelodeals.blogspot.com

X.I.R said...

Thanks Penny! Thank you so much for commenting :)

zoft gum said...

Wow!! you are looking great after weight loose. What have you did for this?

X.I.R said...

Thanks zoft gum! I am doing the standard weight loss thing: lots of exercise (at least 1 hour/6 days a week), eat right most of the time (fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, low fat dairy, healthy snacks) with the occasional treat (basically whatever I want only 1-2 times per week). Hope that helps :)

UxCritter said...

Hey, I haven't checked in with you for awhile. YOU LOOK GREAT! See, your efforts 'are' paying off. I dropped by today to let you know about SPARKSPEOPLE. I just joined and you might want to give it a try too. An extremely friendly place, & there is so much to do and see and be involved in to help lose weight and be healthier. It's new to me, but it sure looks like a wonderful option in my struggle to win over this new lifestyle change I am trying to succeed at. I just thought I'd peek in and see if you are interested at all. So good to 'see' you! Keep on Bloggin'. I love your humour! Thanks X.I.R.
~ux
http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp?id=UXCRITTER

X.I.R said...

Hey UxCritter! I am so glad you dropped by :) and thanks so much for the compliments and the encouragement! It is funny that you recommend sparkpeople because I have been using them for about 4-6 weeks! I tried it out and liked it so much that I cancelled my weight watchers online subscription. I have actually lost more weight (faster) using sparkpeople to log my calories than I did using other methods. I will be posting a new blog by next week and definitely need to mention that (and the fact that I have lost another 3 pounds). Good luck with your lifestyle change and thanks for commenting! Keep me informed of your progress...

Cidtalk said...

So awesome!!! Keep it up. I'm so glad I found your blog. :)

Health Evangelist said...

Well dicussions reagarding health not only should be thought provoking, but should also lead to actions. Found appreciable content, but at the same time can recommend a health proposition as cited in ancient scriptures with a curious mix of modern dietory regimes. Please find link as http://www.desidieter.com/ . If somebody feels he/she is not getting success in gaining health and reducing weight, live councellors at site can help to formulate a practical weight loss plan as well. Sharing the info makes me feel happy even if 1 fellow gets benefited, and do send me feedback at evangelisthealth[at]gmail.com