Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Guess Who's Back, Best Mothers Day's Present, and The Big 12

Goodness. It seems like I haven't posted in a while (probably because I haven't). My apologies. I have been working on the DISSERTATION (it needs all caps since it is large and in charge) and have made a lot of progress in the last few months. Let me tell you, its been great spending all my time on the DISSERTATION. I mean really, who needs to do fun stuff? Not this chubby girl! I would much rather sit around squinting at the computer screen surrounded by stacks of papers than to go out with friends, watch t.v. or blog. Yep, writing the world's longest paper rocks! 


In reality, I would like to believe that absence makes the heart grow fonder but with my luck all my dieting peeps have run for the hills. Plus, you know that whenever someone who has a diet blog does not post for a while everyone always figures that they went off the deep end. I am sure everyone has been picturing me sprawled like a beached whale on the couch cursing skinny jeans as I shove cupcake #5 in my mouth. Well, I am happy to report that I have avoided the curse of the cupcakes. I am back (from the oh so fun destination known as DISSERTATION hell), and I truly plan to up my "diet" game and post more often. So lets talk.....


I had a great mother's day weekend. I really enjoyed the beautiful roses, the handmade teapot, the funny cards, the gift card to Chili's (step away from the molten chocolate cake), my sister (who I had not seen in a month) telling me I looked skinnier and the fabulous Greek dinner my husband bought me. All great! But the icing on my Mother's Day cake (sugar-free and low-fat of course) was the 3 pounds I lost this week! Yes, I am still working this lifestyle change and boy did it pay off this week. That make 22-1/2 pounds lost so far! I am so happy. I really kicked up my effort this week and I see that it paid off. Another added bonus was that at least 8 different people came up to me this week and told me I looked thinner. Excellent! I plan to post before and after pictures here when I reach 25 pounds lost so you can decide for yourself if there is a difference. You are gonna love my before picture, try not to cringe.

Unfortunately, my joy this week is a far cry from how I was feeling last week. I squeezed out a little time last week to weigh and saw that I had only lost 1/2 pound. I was bummed. My weight loss seemed to have slowed to a trickle and I was feeling a bit irritated. The way I see it, the fat girl already had her cake (and trust me she ate it too). It is now time for the skinny girl to shine. Time for skinny jeans, one chin, hip bones (what the hell, lets go ahead and throw in cheekbones too) and that perfect little black dress. So as I was sitting pondering this I thought about the Biggest Loser contestant Nicole Brewer and the 87 pounds she lost in 12 weeks. It has taken me almost 5 months to lose just over 20 pounds. This averages out to around a pound a week. Although this is a decent rate, I can't help but wish I could lose a wee bit faster. Its not like I expect to wake up skinny but really, is 2 pounds a week too much to ask? 


So I decided to challenge myself for 12 weeks (I'm calling it the big 12). Let me say right now that I DO NOT expect to lose a crazy amount of weight during this time (although it would be nice), I instead am just hoping to increase my weight loss. I figure if it doesn't work I will at least still (hopefully) have my pound a week for an additional 12 pounds lost. If things go as planned and I can increase my average to 2 pounds per week that would be 24 pounds gone! To do this I have increased my exercise and made some changes in diet. I also need a backup plan so I am once again calling on my friend Yoda to work his magic. It has been a while since I called on him, but I really need some major Force this time! As you can see, I allowed him to bring a friend. Yep, surely between the two of them they can work some accelerated weight loss magic! 


I am hopeful so far with the results from my first week of effort. Hopefully week two will be successful too. If so I will make sure to tell you next week what seems to be working. In the meantime, I am going to be saving my money for some Spanx (I am diggin that Hide and Sleek Bodysuit). Everyone should have an emergency failure plan. I found mine for only $88. A slender looking body is a human right. I'm sure I saw that written somewhere.....


Fabulous hiney-reduction spandex (known as Spanx) can be found at Spanx.com

10 comments:

MagicMarkingsArt said...

love your sense of humor. no wonder you can't find time to post ~ between your schedule and the length of your posts!!! I am now a follower of yours.
cheers and looking forward to another skinny --tch art teacher!

sassyglassdesigns said...

I always enjoy your posts...whenever you have time. Keep up the good work.

X.I.R said...

MagicMarkingsArt, hey fellow art teacher! Thanks for your kind words and for following my blog! I already have the --tch part down, now I'm working on getting skinny :)

X.I.R said...

Hey sassyglass! Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you commented.... I've missed my peeps!

Glitzer said...

Hey! So happy to read your latest blog post again! I am so encouraged by your weight loss progress.. I am still slow at losing weight despite on 3-day aerobic classes each week. I reckon I need to move more..

Regarding Spanx... I bought their Higher Power.. I think ... it's ok... wore a evening dress over it.. felt a bit like a sausage.. but I suppose that's how it is for figure improving under-garments... would have loved to go with out it **praying hard** .. let me know how body suits go!

http://be-a-glitzer.blogspot.com/

X.I.R said...

Hey Glitzer! I am so glad you commented! Don't be discouraged, weight loss is a slow & agonizing process. It took about 4-5 weeks for my body to start responding to the exercise (I think it was in shock). Now I can see a definite difference.

I hope I do not have to resort to Spanx! I already have a girdle type thing and your description of feeling like a sausage is so true! I don't want to "strap down" the fat, I just want it gone!

Lucky Pebble said...

So glad to see you back!

X.I.R said...

Hey Lucky Pebble! Thanks! I am glad to finally be able to blog again, I seem to do better and stay more motivated when I blog more often. Thanks for commenting :)

The Chubby Artist's Chubby Sister said...

Okay so better late than never right? I have finally moved into my new apartment and finished my comprehensive exams for my dissertation and am coming up for air! Its been a little while since I commented.......so I am shaking off the rust and here I go.......

First off sister, count your lucky stars you are loosing--regardless of the pace! For the rest of us normal people...no ...such...luck!!!

So even though I didn't have time to blog, I managed to squeeze in a 5 minute break to read your blog (with donut in hand). Every time I called you, a wave of your-not-exercising-guilt ran over me as I would get your voice mail---Why? because I knew you were zumba-ing, trampelene jumping, deep sea karate kicking, or aerobic skydiving....and what was I doing?....Making excuses for sitting on my ever-expanding-bottom.

So, as some of you know we moved to an upstairs apartment and of course, I was "concerned" for the people below us (like any good neighbor in an apartment complex should be and not like the neighbors we had just moved out from underneath) and because of my "concern" as a good upstairs neighbor, I told my husband and his two muscled Sheriff's Office colleagues to take the noise-making treadmill and banish it to the garage we rent at the bottom of the complex hill....I had never heard grown men whimper like that before.... Anyway, after much beer, cussing, and heaving breaths, the 2 ton treadmill was moved (Key up the music from the Allstate Insurance Commercial) .... And Like A Good Neighbor....My Ass Stayed Fat....

Now Luckily, there are about a million stairs up to our new apartment so even though I was eating like I had never seen food before (stress is evil isn't it) I only managed to gained 5 lbs in two weeks....This doesn't really seem like a big deal, right? Well then you have not been reading the previous postings on this blog. If you had, you would know, that while my sister is steadily loosing weight, I am competing for the ever-expanding-woman competition this fall (and I am fairly certain I am on the winning track!) For every two pounds my sister looses, I gain three....so an additional 5 lbs...was horrible!

So I called my sister and left her a voice mail message while she was belly dancing up Signal Mtn., and told her enough, was enough. I called my husband and asked who was the biggest strongest deputy he knew....and I baked him a cake ; )

......then when much accolades of gratitude were being thrown my way....he said those magic words..."If there is anything I can do to show my appreciation".... Gotcha.... "How about hauling a two ton treadmill of doom up about a million stairs?" ; )

So I got my treadmill set up in the sunroom (interior design be damned...I had to loose some weight) and like a good neighbor, I went downstairs and asked them to tell me if they could hear me running on the treadmill and promised them I would work out during reasonable hours....but guess what? They couldn't hear a thing! and in 1 week, I lost 3 lbs! Oh the sweet, sweet nectar of weight loss!

So what valuable lesson have I learned? That I will make any excuse possible to avoid exercise and I have to become more like my sister....who is probably at her Pilates-while-you-sleep class right now!

Stephanie Kim said...

hehe i love the little yoda :)